Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trojan hack

I’ve just received an email saying a person has hacked and gained access to all by devices and are saying they’ve been watching me for months and are threatening to share them to my contacts unless I pay a fee. I’m just wondering if this is real because I’m having a mental break down over it :/

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Jul 12, 2022 6:27 PM in response to helpme2002

Ignore them even if they guessed certain things about you correctly.

In the same way we know magic tricks are fake, we should also consider fortune telling to be fake. Ignore or block people guessing your real identity, even if they guessed correctly. For instance it doesnt take a a genius to guess you are likely wearing a grey shirt and sweatpants right now if you are on your home device, and there are only so many ethnicities to choose from (african american, caucasian, asian [most likely chinese statistically]) there is a 1 in 3 chance of guessing someone’s general ethnicity right.

Phishers use these juvenile magic tricks to social engineer their scams.

Trojan hack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.