Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SUM formula needed for specific date ranges

I've worked out a budget document, in which I put in all of our expenses and would like to sum the up for specific date ranges. However, not from the 1st to the 31st of the month, but from the 15th of one month to the 14th of the following month.

So I have two columns, one with the dates and then the adjacent with the individual expense.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 4:54 AM

=sumifs(C; B; ">="&Date(2022;5;16); A; "<="&DATE(2022;6;14))

Once you posted your data I could see you are in a region that uses the comma as the decimal. In that case, you must use the semicolon as the argument delimiter in function. I am in the USA, so we use the period (".") as the decimal separator and, therefore, use the comma (",") as the argument separator for function.

I hope this helps,

Wayne

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2022 4:54 AM in response to Globaltraveler84

=sumifs(C; B; ">="&Date(2022;5;16); A; "<="&DATE(2022;6;14))

Once you posted your data I could see you are in a region that uses the comma as the decimal. In that case, you must use the semicolon as the argument delimiter in function. I am in the USA, so we use the period (".") as the decimal separator and, therefore, use the comma (",") as the argument separator for function.

I hope this helps,

Wayne

Jul 10, 2022 1:15 PM in response to Globaltraveler84

you can use the sumifs() function

sumif() would sum only is a single condition is true

sumifs() sums if all of the conditions are true

so for your case... you would want to have two conditions:

1) greater then or equal to the start date

2) less than or equal to the end date

assuming dates in column A and expenses in column B

something like this:

=sumifs(B, A, ">=6/15/2022", A, "<=7/14/2022")

maybe like this:

SUM formula needed for specific date ranges

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.