Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copying text and picture in Pages

I am attempting to copy a page out of my book that I'm writing in Pages. My intent was to share a few pages with the pictures on an email. When I copy and then paste, the picture is absent. Is there a way to do this without manually adding the picture to the email?

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 6:02 AM

This is solved by exporting your Pages document to PDF, opening it in Preview, and using the ⌘-key, select just those pages you want to send via email (as a PDF attachment). Then, from the file menu > Print… select the Pages option ⊙ Selected Pages in Sidebar. Next, click the PDF button at the bottom, and from its menu, choose Send in Mail. This will attach a PDF to a new Mail compose window containing only the pages you selected from the PDF in Preview. In Apple Mail, you can control-click or right-click on that PDF attachment and select Quick Look to confirm the Pages that are in it.

Since Apple Mail is not a word processing application, it won't understand, or retain formatting of what you are attempting to copy/paste from Pages, which also happens to require body text and images as separate copy/paste operations — if you were doing so to another Pages document.

The first paragraph guarantees that the recipient's Mail client does not tamper with the sent content, and that they can view your creative work exactly as you intended with a PDF reader.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2022 6:02 AM in response to by the sea

This is solved by exporting your Pages document to PDF, opening it in Preview, and using the ⌘-key, select just those pages you want to send via email (as a PDF attachment). Then, from the file menu > Print… select the Pages option ⊙ Selected Pages in Sidebar. Next, click the PDF button at the bottom, and from its menu, choose Send in Mail. This will attach a PDF to a new Mail compose window containing only the pages you selected from the PDF in Preview. In Apple Mail, you can control-click or right-click on that PDF attachment and select Quick Look to confirm the Pages that are in it.

Since Apple Mail is not a word processing application, it won't understand, or retain formatting of what you are attempting to copy/paste from Pages, which also happens to require body text and images as separate copy/paste operations — if you were doing so to another Pages document.

The first paragraph guarantees that the recipient's Mail client does not tamper with the sent content, and that they can view your creative work exactly as you intended with a PDF reader.

copying text and picture in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.