Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix downloaded by itself

Does anybody else’s phone just download apps by itself? I just saw that Netflix appeared on my screen among my apps, but I did not download it. This happened after I updated to iOS 15.5 and I want to know what happened

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 2:40 PM

That happens when an Apple ID is being shared, and somebody else installs an app and other decices are set to also install new downloads. It can also happen when a passcode is being shared, and a purchase is downloaded by another user of the device.

Is an Apple ID being shared here? That ends badly, and for various reasons.

Does someone else know your passcode, and has downloaded the app on your device?

if not, your Apple ID seems to be compromised.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 2:40 PM in response to dreezyouttahere

That happens when an Apple ID is being shared, and somebody else installs an app and other decices are set to also install new downloads. It can also happen when a passcode is being shared, and a purchase is downloaded by another user of the device.

Is an Apple ID being shared here? That ends badly, and for various reasons.

Does someone else know your passcode, and has downloaded the app on your device?

if not, your Apple ID seems to be compromised.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Netflix downloaded by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.