Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can we do to recover an Apple ID account?

I bought my son an iPod years ago. He registered it to a school email. He no longer has that email and does not remember his Apple ID password. What can we do to recover his account?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPod Shuffle (2nd Gen)

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 3:34 PM

Try and use Apples iForgot service

1. Go to iforgot.apple.com.
  2. Enter your Apple ID. Did you forget your Apple ID?
  3. Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
  4. Choose to answer your security questions, receive an email or enter your recovery key.* Find out what to do if you haven't received your verification or reset email
  5. Follow the onscreen steps to reset your password. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 3:34 PM in response to Kvanderwarf

Try and use Apples iForgot service

1. Go to iforgot.apple.com.
  2. Enter your Apple ID. Did you forget your Apple ID?
  3. Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
  4. Choose to answer your security questions, receive an email or enter your recovery key.* Find out what to do if you haven't received your verification or reset email
  5. Follow the onscreen steps to reset your password. 

Jul 10, 2022 6:28 PM in response to Kvanderwarf

If you can recover the password, you can change his Apple ID email address on his current Apple ID so he retains access to his data and prior purchases. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

What can we do to recover an Apple ID account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.