Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud Photos

How can I access old photos from ICloud when all my photos were permanently deleted

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 10:48 PM

garepo1970 Said:

"ICloud Photos: How can I access old photos from ICloud when all my photos were permanently deleted"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud Directly:

See if they reside in iCloud Photos. Log in here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Use a Time Machine Backup:

Did you backup your Mac, recently? If so, then restore your Mac from that. You'd backup you Mac prior to doing so, and then restore your data from the backup you just created, through use of Migration Assistant.

D. Where Else to Check:

• PC
  • PDA
  • eMail
  • Mac Device
  • Cloud Storage
  • Android Phone
  • USB Flash Drive
  • External Hard drive
  • Secure Digital Card
  • Compact Flash Card
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 10:48 PM in response to garepo1970

garepo1970 Said:

"ICloud Photos: How can I access old photos from ICloud when all my photos were permanently deleted"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud Directly:

See if they reside in iCloud Photos. Log in here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Use a Time Machine Backup:

Did you backup your Mac, recently? If so, then restore your Mac from that. You'd backup you Mac prior to doing so, and then restore your data from the backup you just created, through use of Migration Assistant.

D. Where Else to Check:

• PC
  • PDA
  • eMail
  • Mac Device
  • Cloud Storage
  • Android Phone
  • USB Flash Drive
  • External Hard drive
  • Secure Digital Card
  • Compact Flash Card

Jul 11, 2022 12:37 AM in response to garepo1970

You cannot recover permanently deleted photos from iCloud. The Recently Deleted Album is the only safety line offered by Photos. You have use your own backups you made. If the photos got deleted without you doing it intentionally ask Apple Support for help. apple Support might be able to recover the photos from Apple‘s own backups, if there has been a problem with your iCloud account.

ICloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.