Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make wake up alarm ascending

I had an iPhone XS Max, and the sleep schedule alarm sound would start off at a very low volume and gradually increase the volume as the alarm went off. This phone was operating with iOS 15.5, and it was not a separate app for the alarm.

I recently upgraded to the iPhone 13 Pro Max, but the sleep schedule alarm starts off loud and is at a continuous volume. I would like to make it with the ascending volume again, but cannot figure out how.

Please help!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 9:21 AM

Hello XxFiFTy2xX,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Based on your description, it sounds like you were using Bedtime alarms on your old iPhone for use with the wake-up alarm. When you set an alarm using the Bedtime feature, it will start low and continue in an ascending fashion. Here's how to use Bedtime on your iPhone:

Use Bedtime to track your sleep on your iPhone - Apple Support

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2022 9:21 AM in response to XxFiFTy2xX

Hello XxFiFTy2xX,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Based on your description, it sounds like you were using Bedtime alarms on your old iPhone for use with the wake-up alarm. When you set an alarm using the Bedtime feature, it will start low and continue in an ascending fashion. Here's how to use Bedtime on your iPhone:

Use Bedtime to track your sleep on your iPhone - Apple Support

Have a great day!

Jul 13, 2022 7:39 AM in response to XxFiFTy2xX

XxFiFTy2xX,

There aren't any further options to adjust how the alarm functions with the Sleep feature: Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone - Apple Support

Since that feature isn't working the same with your new iPhone, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support so they can look into this behavior further: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care.

Jul 13, 2022 3:02 AM in response to Soosie_J215

Thank you for your reply. The article link that you sent in your reply states that the bedtime feature is available only on iOS 13 or earlier, and I am operating with iOS 15.5.

I do remember setting up the bedtime feature on my XS Max, and even after updating the iOS on it, the ascending alarm sound feature stayed. However, once I switched to the 13 Pro Max, the ascending alarm sound feature is gone, and the alarm sound is very loud and almost startling when it goes off.

is there anyway to turn the ascending alarm sound on in iOS 15?

How to make wake up alarm ascending

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.