Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to email photos from Mac photos from gmail on chrome, withhout exporting?

Friend uses gmail on chrome and apple Photos, which only gives share option via messages. I know she could use mail.app to pretty easily attach photos. Is there another way? For example, to automatically export pictures from Photos to Finder, where they can be referenced easily? Or is there a utility app which might have management options? Friend not terribly computer savvy....thanks for any suggestions!

iMac 27″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 8:31 AM

> grab the picture in Photos and drag it over to the desktop or a folder

The preferred method is to use Photos.app > File > Export.

Drag and drop from Photos.app might very well export only a thumbnail or an re-encoded movie. IMHO the result should be the same but it is not.

3 replies

Jul 11, 2022 9:03 AM in response to Matti Haveri

It seems to me that I have seen drag and drop getting a thumbnail, but not in ages. I don't use iCloud for Photos, and I don't use referenced pictures, so it may not work for those cases. But nelsolot wanted a simple method for email, and for emails and texts, drag and drop works. I agree that you should double check and see if you get what you want.

How to email photos from Mac photos from gmail on chrome, withhout exporting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.