Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rounding up in numbers to the nearest whole number and multiple of 5

I'm trying to use the "Roundup" function on a table of costs that include pounds and pence and I am trying to round up to the nearest multiple of £5 and with no pence involved, but for the life of me I cannot get it. I have managed to use roundup to the nearest £1 but I want to roundup to the nearest £5 and with no pence involved. The formula I have used to roundup to the nearest £1 is "Roundup(cell),0". How do I roundup to nearest £5? The table on the left is the original table. The middle one is me using roundup to nearest £1. The table on the right is what I'm trying to achieve with the roundup function. I have just manually typed the figures in the RH table but want it to automatically adjust for subsequent years

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 6:52 AM

I suggest trying the ceiling() function:

CEILING(A2,5)

3 replies

Jul 11, 2022 7:16 AM in response to janefromdunfermline

did any of the posts in this thread SOLVE your problem? If not, can you clarify any outstanding questions?

From the built-in help:

The CEILING function rounds a number away from 0 to the nearest multiple of the specified factor. Both arguments are number values.

CEILING(num-to-round, multiple-factor)

num-to-round: The number to be rounded.

multiple-factor: The number to use to determine the closest multiple. multiple-factor must have the same sign as num-to-round.

Rounding up in numbers to the nearest whole number and multiple of 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.