Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHAT TO DO WITH MY OLD IPAD

my ipad is MH1J2LL/A i'm afraid if i update it will become oBsolete

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 6:54 AM

A system software update will not, of itself, make your iPad obsolete. A device only becomes obsolete when support and/or system software updates cease to be available. You should always keep your iPad updated to the most recent version of iOS/iPadOS that is supported by your model; updates include both functional fixes and essential security updates.

The model number that you quote corresponds with an iPad Air2 - which is compatible with the current version of iPadOS. At the time of writing, this is iPadOS 15.5. Apple have indicated, however, that the iPad Air2 will not support the next major version - iPadOS16 - when it is released later this year.

iPadOS 16 Preview - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2022 6:54 AM in response to VIPER634

A system software update will not, of itself, make your iPad obsolete. A device only becomes obsolete when support and/or system software updates cease to be available. You should always keep your iPad updated to the most recent version of iOS/iPadOS that is supported by your model; updates include both functional fixes and essential security updates.

The model number that you quote corresponds with an iPad Air2 - which is compatible with the current version of iPadOS. At the time of writing, this is iPadOS 15.5. Apple have indicated, however, that the iPad Air2 will not support the next major version - iPadOS16 - when it is released later this year.

iPadOS 16 Preview - Apple

WHAT TO DO WITH MY OLD IPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.