Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to add card to wallet

I am unable to add my card to wallet

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 7:55 PM

I recommend following the following steps to check if you are eligible to use Apple Pay:

1. Contact your card issuer to see if they support Apple Pay.
    2. Update to the latest version of iOS or iPadOSwatchOS, or macOS.
    3. Make sure that you are in a supported country or region.
    4. Check that your device is compatible with Apple Pay.

Here are some additional steps if needed to further isolate the issue:

1. Check for services outages or connection issues.
  2. If you see the message "Could Not Add Card" or "Invalid Card," contact your bank or card issuer.

Also, keep in mind, Apple does not approve or decline cards for use with Apple Pay. If your card was declined, contact your bank or card issuer.

If you need additional help adding a card, go to set up Apple Pay and follow the instructions, though, instead of simply scanning the card, manually enter in the details when the option is given when adding the card in the Wallet app. Hopefully this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2022 7:55 PM in response to gurtej51

I recommend following the following steps to check if you are eligible to use Apple Pay:

1. Contact your card issuer to see if they support Apple Pay.
    2. Update to the latest version of iOS or iPadOSwatchOS, or macOS.
    3. Make sure that you are in a supported country or region.
    4. Check that your device is compatible with Apple Pay.

Here are some additional steps if needed to further isolate the issue:

1. Check for services outages or connection issues.
  2. If you see the message "Could Not Add Card" or "Invalid Card," contact your bank or card issuer.

Also, keep in mind, Apple does not approve or decline cards for use with Apple Pay. If your card was declined, contact your bank or card issuer.

If you need additional help adding a card, go to set up Apple Pay and follow the instructions, though, instead of simply scanning the card, manually enter in the details when the option is given when adding the card in the Wallet app. Hopefully this helps!

I am unable to add card to wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.