Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete recently purchased shows on Apple TV app

I just got an Apple TV+ subscription. When I open the app, it shows a whole bunch of recently purchased shows from literally 10 years ago from my iTunes account that I haven't used in 10 years. How do I delete these? The only instructions I can find are based using the app on a Mac. I don't have an app. I have an iphone and I have a fire stick. Neither of those apps lets me delete them. I've tried via a web browser and there's no way to do it there. I've tried the "clear play history" in the settings and that just deletes my up next list. How the f**k do I delete these shows?

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 6:09 AM

First off, why is it linking old itunes purchases to my TV+ account in the first place? And second, the only way to hide them is to install the itunes app on my PC? This is why I can't stand Apple. For an ecosystem that is supposed to be so intuitive and easy to use, it's not even close.

4 replies

Jul 11, 2022 11:55 PM in response to dbronstein88

Previous purchases stay with your account. They’re part of your purchase history. If you don’t want to see certain old purchases anymore, then you can hide them. They will be hidden through your account, and then those shouldn’t show up on any of your devices.

You’ll need a computer (Mac or PC) to hide movies and TV shows. In the TV app on modern Macs, or in the iTunes application on PCs and older Macs. Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

Jul 12, 2022 6:43 AM in response to dbronstein88

First off, why is it linking old itunes purchases to my TV+ account in the first place?

There is no Apple TV+ account. There is your Apple ID account, that can have several services attached to it. One is iTunes Store movie and TV show purchases (old and new), another one is the Apple TV+ subscriptions service. Both are available through the Apple TV app. Movie purchases appear in your library. Subscriptions and subscription content does not appear in the library. Apple TV+ content appears in the tv+ tab of the Apple TV app.

Buy movies and TV shows from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

About Apple TV+ - Apple

And second, the only way to hide them is to install the itunes app on my PC?

For doing the hide edit yourself, yes.

The staff may have more possibilities for account editing, but that may involve much more effort on your part.

How do I delete recently purchased shows on Apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.