Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 MacBook Air Maximum Capacity dropped 1% after 7 months of use

I bought my M1 MacBook Air on 9th of December 2021. When I checked the battery health today (12th of July 2022) it said the maximum capacity is 99% not 100%. Battery condition is normal. Is this okay? Or is it bad? Am I doing something wrong? If yes, what can I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 11:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 11:50 PM

chamathm1 Said:

"M1 MacBook Air Maximum Capacity dropped 1% after 7 months of use: I bought my M1 MacBook Air on 9th of December 2021. When I checked the battery health today (12th of July 2022) it said the maximum capacity is 99% not 100%. Battery condition is normal. Is this okay? Or is it bad? Am I doing something wrong? If yes, what can I do?"

-------

Battery Health Decreasing:

All is Fine:

Dropping by 1% in 7 months is just fine, and typical.. Note that all batteries are prone to failure. So, once the Battery Health gets to 80%, Apple recommends it is time for a new battery.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2022 11:50 PM in response to chamathm1

chamathm1 Said:

"M1 MacBook Air Maximum Capacity dropped 1% after 7 months of use: I bought my M1 MacBook Air on 9th of December 2021. When I checked the battery health today (12th of July 2022) it said the maximum capacity is 99% not 100%. Battery condition is normal. Is this okay? Or is it bad? Am I doing something wrong? If yes, what can I do?"

-------

Battery Health Decreasing:

All is Fine:

Dropping by 1% in 7 months is just fine, and typical.. Note that all batteries are prone to failure. So, once the Battery Health gets to 80%, Apple recommends it is time for a new battery.

Jul 12, 2022 4:45 AM in response to chamathm1

Rechargeable batteries can lose some initial charge quickly and the last for a long time at that level before losing capacity, some will hold initial capacity for a long time and then start to lose capacity, some will start slowly losing capacity from day one, and any other possible combinations.  It is just the nature of rechargeable batteries.

FWIW, don't try to micromanage your battery and just use the Mac.  If you reach a point in time where the working time on battery is not long enough to meet your needs, then start to worry or just get the battery replaced.

M1 MacBook Air Maximum Capacity dropped 1% after 7 months of use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.