Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

series 2 watch not updating

I have an iphone 7 running iOS 15.5 and i am trying to pair an apple watch series 2 but when I try pair it, it tells me the watch needs to update and i cant update the watch, it keeps telling me unable to "check for update"

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 2:35 AM

You can try various things to try and pair the watch,the error you're getting about not being connected to the internet is a classic symptom of the list of errors you might get,this page has helped some people in the past;

If you see not connected to internet

P.S. I have an old watch2 that I managed to pair with an ios12 phone,I couldn't get it to pair with anything higher.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2022 2:35 AM in response to AllanB29

You can try various things to try and pair the watch,the error you're getting about not being connected to the internet is a classic symptom of the list of errors you might get,this page has helped some people in the past;

If you see not connected to internet

P.S. I have an old watch2 that I managed to pair with an ios12 phone,I couldn't get it to pair with anything higher.

Jul 12, 2022 2:22 AM in response to AllanB29

I never said that,I said it was technically possible to pair a watch 2 to a newer phone.

I would visit an Apple store and see if they could help you as they have access to tools that only apple has.

series 2 watch not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.