Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you have to remove screen protectors?

When making a return (for credit towards your new phone), does anyone know if you have to take off the screen protector?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 10:58 AM

Yes, you will most likely need to take the screen protector off as well as any cases that may be on the phone. You will also need to take out your SIM card if you haven't already done so. If you are returning the phone to a third party store for credit (such as Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.) I also recommend contacting them directly to see if they have any additional requirements. If trading in/returning directly to Apple, I also recommend reading this article How To Trade In - Apple (IN).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2022 10:58 AM in response to ms8733

Yes, you will most likely need to take the screen protector off as well as any cases that may be on the phone. You will also need to take out your SIM card if you haven't already done so. If you are returning the phone to a third party store for credit (such as Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.) I also recommend contacting them directly to see if they have any additional requirements. If trading in/returning directly to Apple, I also recommend reading this article How To Trade In - Apple (IN).

Do you have to remove screen protectors?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.