Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add a password in saved passwords?

How do I add a password in saved passwords which are found in systems preferences

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 12:59 PM

Follow the below Instructions:

1. Go to the Settings app on your MacBook
  2. Click on Passwords
  3. Enter your password or use Touch ID (if available and set up on your device's model)
  4. In the bottom, left hand corner press the + button
  5. From there you should be able to add a password with the needed information (the website url, password itself & your username/login on the website if applicable)

Also, sometimes, when you login with a website on Safari, you are able to press the "Add Password" popup that may come up as well, which would automatically add the password to your Apple Password Keychain. Hopefully this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2022 12:59 PM in response to TrishShwart

Follow the below Instructions:

1. Go to the Settings app on your MacBook
  2. Click on Passwords
  3. Enter your password or use Touch ID (if available and set up on your device's model)
  4. In the bottom, left hand corner press the + button
  5. From there you should be able to add a password with the needed information (the website url, password itself & your username/login on the website if applicable)

Also, sometimes, when you login with a website on Safari, you are able to press the "Add Password" popup that may come up as well, which would automatically add the password to your Apple Password Keychain. Hopefully this helps!

How do I add a password in saved passwords?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.