Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brightness

I do not have any brightness specs turned on however multiple times a day my phone has itself turned the brightness completely down. Often so much than I’m unsure if the phone is on or not. It keeps happening, and I keep turning the brightness back and up and checking my settings and it still happens. It’s becoming very hard to use my phone. What can I do to fix this?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 7:22 PM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2022 8:39 PM in response to isobel75

isobel75 wrote:

I do not have any brightness specs turned on however multiple times a day my phone has itself turned the brightness completely down. Often so much than I’m unsure if the phone is on or not. It keeps happening, and I keep turning the brightness back and up and checking my settings and it still happens. It’s becoming very hard to use my phone. What can I do to fix this?

Adjust the screen brightness and color on iPhone

Navigate to Settings, select Display & Brightness, tap True Tone, and toggle off this option. Then, go back to Settings, select Accessibility, go to Display & Text Size and disable Auto-Brightness.

if necessary try turning off Low Power Mode and check the results. You may want to disable Night Shift as well.

Brightness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.