Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 2021 remote no longer able to Samsung TV control volume??!!!

So apple updated apple tv 2021 remote firmware to 0X0070 and now Samsung tv volume/mute buttons no longer work..... sad , 1500$ tv, 150$ apple box, 3 trillion dollar company, issues firmware for remote that makes it useless. dont tell me to reset, relearn or turn it on and off, I am in the IT field, owned the tv and apple tv for 1 year or more together, never any issues, tried to reset,relearn, turn setting on and off and nope... someone sleeping on the job......0x0070 firmware 100%.....you guys need to hire better help with all that money you got.

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 10:39 PM

This is a user-to-user forum. You are not addressing Apple here.

I would suggest the restart the remote (independent of the Apple TV box), as described in: If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

If you seek further hardware assistance beyond the advise from the support documents, then contact the Apple Support staff. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2022 10:39 PM in response to iGadGets83

This is a user-to-user forum. You are not addressing Apple here.

I would suggest the restart the remote (independent of the Apple TV box), as described in: If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

If you seek further hardware assistance beyond the advise from the support documents, then contact the Apple Support staff. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Aug 1, 2022 3:56 PM in response to Frustrated_iTunes_User_10

There’s a problem with this firmware as it killed volume and mute button function on both of my LG TVs. Also my best friends killed volume on both of his Samsung TVs as well. We both spent an hour this weekend trying to fix the remotes. Didn’t work. I guess we have to wait for the next iOS update. Reverting won’t really fix the problem because the sneaky software updates automatically.

Apple TV 2021 remote no longer able to Samsung TV control volume??!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.