Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes App on Mac: Copy / Paste does not work

When I try and copy and paste from my MacBook Pro Apple Notes Application I only get a lower case 'e' that pastes into the new document or within the same note. I cannot paste into emails. I tried pasting into Pages to see if there was a cross-software glitch. It also does not work there. I entered it into help section of the app, got the suggestion to make sure 'substitutions' was clicked w/ a check in edit tab - no clue what that was supposed to do.

This effectively makes notes pretty useless. Disappointing. Any fixes out there? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 2:35 AM

See if it works in Safe Mode then test in normal mode.

Start up your Mac in safe mode – Apple Support (AU)

3 replies

Jul 13, 2022 2:53 AM in response to JDM19283746

Is this a New Issue ? If Yes, what exactly changed on this computer ?

Is this an Old Issue ? If Yes, what actions has the user taken to fix this issue ?

Is this computer fully up to date and running Monterey 12.4 ?

After all,  we do not what to suggest possible solutions for what has already been attempted by the User 

Understand, we are all working Remotely from all around the world. 

Therefore, we do not have the On-Hands experience the User ( you ) has with this computer.

Reliable , accurate, details and context will really help to pinpoint a possible solution.

Notes App on Mac: Copy / Paste does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.