Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quick time

macbook air m1 doesnt allow me to open the quick time player, i can use my command keys to pop up the little capture screen/record screen option bar but the actual app itself wont open up to a home page or page of any sort, its like i dont have the application but am able to use its features & save it to somewhere else random

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 7:15 AM

QuickTime Player doesn’t have any windows, except for any open documents, the Open dialog box (e.g. at launch), or the optional information windows (Media Inspector). And if you accidentally click to other apps with no open windows in QuickTime Player, then QuickTime Player closes silently. That can be confusing if you’re not used to it. It works as intended, though.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2022 7:15 AM in response to sneakeasylowbreezy

QuickTime Player doesn’t have any windows, except for any open documents, the Open dialog box (e.g. at launch), or the optional information windows (Media Inspector). And if you accidentally click to other apps with no open windows in QuickTime Player, then QuickTime Player closes silently. That can be confusing if you’re not used to it. It works as intended, though.

quick time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.