Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook model number

What’s the model number of the newest MacBook Air 13 (2022)? I was also wondering if a case for the 2020 version would fit the 2022 version?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 12:49 PM

If you mean an external case, what can't you use the external dimensions? I don't recall any ad that didn't list dimensions. I have seen such data given in user reviews and question answers.

An external case is often not a good idea. It can, and often does, impede airflow over the exterior of the Mac as well as into the interior. This can cause overheating. In normal usage with normal care you don't need a full time case or covering.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2022 12:49 PM in response to nnennaokwuegbu

If you mean an external case, what can't you use the external dimensions? I don't recall any ad that didn't list dimensions. I have seen such data given in user reviews and question answers.

An external case is often not a good idea. It can, and often does, impede airflow over the exterior of the Mac as well as into the interior. This can cause overheating. In normal usage with normal care you don't need a full time case or covering.

Jul 13, 2022 12:55 PM in response to ku4hx

I was going to use the dimensions, but most of the cases I looked up are tailored to specific MacBooks and I didn’t want to buy one that wouldn’t fit.

I didn’t realize it would cause overheating. I’m going to be using it a lot for school/work and I just don’t want it to get messed up or something, but thanks for letting me know.

MacBook model number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.