Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canadian-bought AppleCare+ warranty for MacBook Air - will it protect me in South America?

I'm thinking of buying AppleCare+ for my new MacBook Air M1. I'm going to be living in South America for a year though so I want to know if the warranty will cover me there.

The AppleCare+ page mentions "global repair coverage" - AppleCare Products - Mac - Apple (CA)

But according to this Legal Page, the only countries that are covered in all of Latin America are Brazil & Mexico Legal - AppleCare Protection Plan - Apple

Am I to understand that the only countries that will protect me are those listed in that Legal page? I wish Apple would be more straightforward about this rather than making it so confusing to figure out

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 8:14 AM

Well, we are all other users and not part of Apple's legal team. The latest terms for Applecare + include that Apple may restrict warranty service/coverage to the country the device was purchased in. So, you best check with Apple and get it in writing if you can.

Legal - AppleCare+ - Apple

See para. 4.1 in the US version for Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2022 8:14 AM in response to Rahooligan87

Well, we are all other users and not part of Apple's legal team. The latest terms for Applecare + include that Apple may restrict warranty service/coverage to the country the device was purchased in. So, you best check with Apple and get it in writing if you can.

Legal - AppleCare+ - Apple

See para. 4.1 in the US version for Mac.

Canadian-bought AppleCare+ warranty for MacBook Air - will it protect me in South America?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.