Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't import videos from folder in Photos App

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to import videos in the Photos app but nothing happens. I select the folder I want to import, click 'Review for import', select the videos I want and click the 'Import All New Items' button and just get redirected to the Imports folder within Photos.

Importing photos from a folder works fine. When importing photos & videos from my iPhone it works fine also. When I try to import videos from a folder on my desktop or an external drive, it just doesn't work. I've tried restarting but to no avail.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Thanks

PS: I have a Mac mini late 2014 with MacOS Monterey 12.4 installed.

Mac mini, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 9:57 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Jul 13, 2022 11:22 AM in response to Richard.Taylor

Drag and drop works just fine but the problem is that I have multiple folders that include videos as well as photos and I don't want to cause duplicates within the Photos app (unless the Photos app will warn me that there are duplicates? I have no idea). So I want to avoid duplicates and also wasting time going through one folder at a time.

Can't import videos from folder in Photos App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.