Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I register a contact on an iPad for instant messaging?

How do I register a contact on the ipad for instant messaging?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 9:57 AM

Depends on the instant messaging platform you intend to use.

For iMessage, open the Contacts App, and add the email address or phone number associated with their Apple ID to a contact, or create a new contact: link-> Add and use contact information on iPad - Apple Support

Once added, type the name, number or email address in the To field in the Messages App to start a message to that contact. It should automatically find and suggest the contact to you.

Link-> Send and receive text messages on iPad - Apple Support

For other Messaging platforms like Facebook Messenger, Skype, etc... you may need to add the contact to your contacts list within the app first.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2022 9:57 AM in response to Ja4583

Depends on the instant messaging platform you intend to use.

For iMessage, open the Contacts App, and add the email address or phone number associated with their Apple ID to a contact, or create a new contact: link-> Add and use contact information on iPad - Apple Support

Once added, type the name, number or email address in the To field in the Messages App to start a message to that contact. It should automatically find and suggest the contact to you.

Link-> Send and receive text messages on iPad - Apple Support

For other Messaging platforms like Facebook Messenger, Skype, etc... you may need to add the contact to your contacts list within the app first.

How do I register a contact on an iPad for instant messaging?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.