Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 7 cellular work in Canada from Indi?

Hi, I am moving to Canada from India and have a cellular Apple Watch series 7. I know that the cellular function cannot be used between the two countries however I have heard of many people being able to use it, for example from USA to India. Is there any way for me to use cellular in Canada if the Watch is bought in India? I have heard about similar carriers. Please do let me know.

thanks

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 1:13 PM

No.

There are 2 Apple Watch cellular radios

• Canada, U.S. Mexico, Puerto Rico

• The rest of the world

Carriers will not attempt to connect to an Apple Watch that does not use the correct radio.

If you do not get your Apple Watch in your own country, you may have to return the Apple Watch to the country where purchased to get warranty service.

If you do not get your Apple Watch in your own country, there may be country specific restrictions in the installed Apple Watch software that prevent features from working when you get home.

watchOS - Feature Availability - Apple

You can use it as a GPS ONLY Apple Watch

The GPS only Apple Watch can do Everything the Cellular model can do AS LONG AS your iPhone is nearby, where nearby is generally somewhere in the same moderately sized home. The Cellular model allows you to leave your iPhone at home while you go for a walk, run, bike ride.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2022 1:13 PM in response to heman128

No.

There are 2 Apple Watch cellular radios

• Canada, U.S. Mexico, Puerto Rico

• The rest of the world

Carriers will not attempt to connect to an Apple Watch that does not use the correct radio.

If you do not get your Apple Watch in your own country, you may have to return the Apple Watch to the country where purchased to get warranty service.

If you do not get your Apple Watch in your own country, there may be country specific restrictions in the installed Apple Watch software that prevent features from working when you get home.

watchOS - Feature Availability - Apple

You can use it as a GPS ONLY Apple Watch

The GPS only Apple Watch can do Everything the Cellular model can do AS LONG AS your iPhone is nearby, where nearby is generally somewhere in the same moderately sized home. The Cellular model allows you to leave your iPhone at home while you go for a walk, run, bike ride.

Apple Watch Series 7 cellular work in Canada from Indi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.