Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit WiFi Devices All Unresponsive

For the past couple weeks all of my WiFi Homekit devices have been completely unresponsive in HomeKit. I thought it was just a WiFi problem, but here's the thing:

1. My thread devices still work perfectly
  2. The WiFi devices that are unresponsive in HomeKit can be used through their respective apps.
  3. If I switch my Home Hub (by say unplugging my HomePod Mini and letting my Apple TV become the Home Hub) the devices will work again for a little bit but then all go unresponsive. Same thing if I reset my router.
  4. Sometimes they will all start responding spontaneously, only to go unresponsive again after a day or two.

My WiFi is pretty bad, but it's working the same as usual and clearly the devices are working in their apps so I doubt this is a WiFi problem.

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 5:34 PM

Hello NFObsessed,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with devices becoming unresponsive in HomeKit. To start, are all of your devices updated to the latest version of software? Also, go to Settings > iCloud and turn on Home and iCloud Keychain.

Are there updates for the individual apps that are affected? If there are, install those as well: How to manually update apps on your Apple device - Apple Support

If these steps don't work, follow these steps and try again after each:

1. Make sure your HomeKit accessories are powered on. If an accessory uses batteries, check the charge.
  2. Make sure that your device has Bluetooth turned on.
  3. Power cycle the Wi-Fi router and/or modem off and back on.
  4. If you still need help, delete the accessory from the Home app and set it up again. To set up an accessory again, you might need to restore it to factory settings.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2022 5:34 PM in response to NFObsessed

Hello NFObsessed,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with devices becoming unresponsive in HomeKit. To start, are all of your devices updated to the latest version of software? Also, go to Settings > iCloud and turn on Home and iCloud Keychain.

Are there updates for the individual apps that are affected? If there are, install those as well: How to manually update apps on your Apple device - Apple Support

If these steps don't work, follow these steps and try again after each:

1. Make sure your HomeKit accessories are powered on. If an accessory uses batteries, check the charge.
  2. Make sure that your device has Bluetooth turned on.
  3. Power cycle the Wi-Fi router and/or modem off and back on.
  4. If you still need help, delete the accessory from the Home app and set it up again. To set up an accessory again, you might need to restore it to factory settings.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Homekit WiFi Devices All Unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.