Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I setup my Face ID

How can I setup my Face ID thank you

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 11:27 AM

Settings>Face ID and Passcode>(Add an Alternative Appearance/Add an Appearance)

You should continue to a part that shows a circle and grey lines going out from it. Inside, you should see the camera. Move your face into the camera range. Move your head left and right. Some Bars on the left and right will turn green. Your goal is to turn all of them green by moving your head towards the edges by tilting your head toward the gray lines. You will do this twice.

If your phone has been repaired, there is a chance Face ID is disabled, but your phone should notify you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2022 11:27 AM in response to Simboagnes

Settings>Face ID and Passcode>(Add an Alternative Appearance/Add an Appearance)

You should continue to a part that shows a circle and grey lines going out from it. Inside, you should see the camera. Move your face into the camera range. Move your head left and right. Some Bars on the left and right will turn green. Your goal is to turn all of them green by moving your head towards the edges by tilting your head toward the gray lines. You will do this twice.

If your phone has been repaired, there is a chance Face ID is disabled, but your phone should notify you.

How can I setup my Face ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.