Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari on MacOS misbehaves

For some number of past iterations, Safari - although my favourite browser - has to take a back seat as I use Chrome and Brave to navigate some webpages;

Feedback - Safari - Apple - for example this Apple site does not render a comment box and so I can't use Safari to log a bug; (see images attached)

Then, on Amazon; https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/storefront/ref=atv_nb_sports?contentType=merch&contentId=Sports&merchId=Sports - "sometimes" Safari mostly will render the page but not the "play button" when you hover over a correctly rendered element. Clearing cache, Force quitting Safari and even deleting all history may get it to behave correctly, easier to switch to another browser.

Further example; https://www.britbox.co.uk/watch/Episode-3-43116 BritBox just displays a black screen. Their website is owned by iTV which also suffers from the lack of a play button at times.

I use extensions; 1Password 7.9.5 and AdBlock Pro 10.1.3 but loading without extensions shows that they are not the problem.

Safari; 15.5 and macOS Monterey 10.4

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 12:19 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 15, 2022 7:20 AM in response to PeteFr

Hey there PeteFr,

We've loaded all three links on our own Mac within Safari, and did not experience any of the issues you described. That being said, there may be something else causing the issues to occur, so we'd like to help rule out a few possible causes by confirming the following details:

1. You mentioned running 'macOS Monterey 10.4', but the latest version for compatible Mac models is macOS Monterey 12.4. To confirm, do you have OS X Tiger 10.4, or did you mean to say you have macOS Monterey 12.4? You can verify this by clicking on the Apple logo at the top left corner of the screen, then on ‘About This Mac’. Just in case, this link will show how to first back up, then Update macOS on Mac.
  2. You also mentioned that clearing Safari history does resolve the issue temporarily on your Mac. Has this same issue occurred while connected to a different Wi-Fi network, or have you not tested this? If you haven't tested this, we recommend testing for this same issue while connected to a different Wi-Fi network as the current Wi-Fi network setup/configuration could be a possible cause to what you're experiencing.
  3. As you have some Safari extensions installed,, but disabled them temporarily and have the same issue, have you tried completely removing them from your Mac to then test for the same issue? On this same line of thinking, VPN apps, along with VPN profiles, can cause this sort of behavior to occur. This link shows how to check for those and test removing them to see if the issues remain on those three websites: Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues

Cheers!

Jul 15, 2022 8:55 AM in response to bruno75

Hi Bruno, thanks for the trouble.

You mentioned running 'macOS Monterey 10.4'

> 1. Sorry that was a typo 12.4

> 2. You also mentioned that clearing Safari history does resolve the issue

However, what did seem to help was a comment support made that; "don't just quit Safari - force quit it with Option+Command+ESC" That allowed me to load one of the sites - although I'll need to test further.

> 2. I'll test on another wifi/broadband when I can.

I've just been busy with Apple Support Chat; they asked me to create a new network "location" but this didn't clear it.

> 3. On this same line of thinking, VPN apps,

Thanks for the link - I don't have a VPN installed but I have got hide my IP and that is not liked by one of the sites as they complain about generic location.

Thanks so much for the ideas.

Safari on MacOS misbehaves

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.