Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 mini not syncing all contacts with 2021 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring

I bought a 2021 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring and I added an iphone 6s and 8 and all features on them work great. When I added my iphone 13 mini with the latest ios 15.5 installed, everything appears to work fine.... until I look at my contacts. I only get a partial download of 12 contacts under the letter "A" and no other letters. My system updates on the car are current and my phone bluetooth for the car has "All Contacts" checked. The car's entry for the phone has "sync all contacts" checked. I have deleted the phone from the car and the bluetooth entry for the car from my phone and have rest it up multiple times without success. I am doing a straight bluetooth entry, not using Car Play. It's strange it works for two earlier iPhones but not the most current. Anybody else have or resolve this issue?

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 10:17 AM

Hi RickF13,

If you'd like help with displaying all of your contacts with CarPlay, these steps might help. 

It sounds like you've had the chance to try a lot of the advice from If you need help with CarPlay, but we're wondering if you've tried the highlighted steps below? Both of these steps are requirements for CarPlay to work fully and it would be good to double-check their settings.

4. Make sure that Siri is on.
5. If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.

If the issue remains, have you tried steps one through three in If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open for the Contacts app? While we know this might sound like simple steps, troubleshooting the app that's not working correctly directly on your iPhone can resolve many issues like this. 

If the issue continues, let the community know what steps you attempted from the above resources.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2022 10:17 AM in response to RickF13

Hi RickF13,

If you'd like help with displaying all of your contacts with CarPlay, these steps might help. 

It sounds like you've had the chance to try a lot of the advice from If you need help with CarPlay, but we're wondering if you've tried the highlighted steps below? Both of these steps are requirements for CarPlay to work fully and it would be good to double-check their settings.

4. Make sure that Siri is on.
5. If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.

If the issue remains, have you tried steps one through three in If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open for the Contacts app? While we know this might sound like simple steps, troubleshooting the app that's not working correctly directly on your iPhone can resolve many issues like this. 

If the issue continues, let the community know what steps you attempted from the above resources.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

Jul 16, 2022 9:16 AM in response to RickF13

So I first "forgot" the CarPlay entry and bluetooth connection to my iPhone and started from scratch and walked through all the steps you indicated in the link in your response. When I turn the car on with the iPhone wired to the USB, it walked me through the setup of CarPlay and asked if I wanted to allow it only through USB or also wireless. I chose both and then created the bluetooth connection to the iPhone. I marked it priority and it responded that it would use CarPlay when connected wireless. I backed out to the menu and I see the CarPlay icon when I am connected via USB. I turned the car and iPhone off and restarted both of them this time with a wireless connection. I get a message that CarPlay cannot find my iPhone. I look in bluetooth and it shows my iPhone and a check mark in priority. If I click on that entry to go into the details none of the 3 boxes (phone, audio or CarPlay) are checked. If I check CarPlay and hit Apply or Save, I am taken out to the screen that shows the iPhone with Priority box checked again. If I click a 2nd time to go into the details of the connection, I again see none of the 3 boxes (phone, audio or CarPlay) are checked. I cannot seem to get the CarPlay icon to appear when I am wireless even after multiple resets and forgets. The USB connection now works fine and I see all of my contacts

iPhone 13 mini not syncing all contacts with 2021 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.