Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Required Apple ID change?

Why was I randomly prompted by Apple to change my Apple ID? To make things a little more confusing, I received a text code, but nowhere to enter that text code. Is this a legitimate Apple request?

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 8:05 AM

You almost certainly were not contacted by Apple. I hope you did not follow the instructions in this phishing message.

You were contacted by a bad guy hoping that you would divulge your Apple ID and password so that he could steal from you. If you did click on the link, you should probably change your Apple ID's password as a precaution.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2022 8:05 AM in response to Tffnny

You almost certainly were not contacted by Apple. I hope you did not follow the instructions in this phishing message.

You were contacted by a bad guy hoping that you would divulge your Apple ID and password so that he could steal from you. If you did click on the link, you should probably change your Apple ID's password as a precaution.

Required Apple ID change?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.