Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FSCache on mac in iCloud -> Documents folder

Hey folks,

I haven't changed anything in terms of settings and all of a sudden, I noticed a ton a "FSCache" files populating in my iCloud -> Documents folder. Does anyone know what is causing this, and how to prevent this from happening?

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 7:47 AM

7 replies

Jul 16, 2022 6:44 AM in response to Community User

I had exactly the same problem. Today I tried a program called Lofi Garden from Memvas within SETAPP. It is a program for anti-distraction and ambient music.. It generated FSCACHE files in my Documents Folder in iCloud. I am glad to have uninstalled it now. I thought it was some kind of virus on my M1 Macbook... Hope I have helped you out.

Bye Bye from The Netherlands!

Rogier

Jul 16, 2022 9:02 AM in response to stokking_netherlands

Hey Rogier!!

You’re a life saver! I was losing my mind. I also use SetApp, including Lofi Garden. I uninstalled it and everything stopped.

I’ve been using it for months and this is the first time I’ve noticed these FSCache files. Weird.

Thank you so much! And I love the Netherlands btw. Beautiful country!

Jul 14, 2022 8:59 AM in response to Community User

Edit: I realized the issue was caused when I plugged my M1 Macbook pro directly to ethernet via an Anker Ethernet adapter.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Thank you once again,

Matt

Jul 19, 2022 5:49 AM in response to opryshok

Hey lhor,

This is fantastic news because Lofi Garden was/is my favourite app in the SetApp store.

Thank you for replying, and I'll be downloading the app again.

Matty

FSCache on mac in iCloud -> Documents folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.