Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brother printer drivers

I purchased a new printer. I can't download the drivers. I thought Brother worked with Apple? I did receive an installation disk but that doesn't help me with an iMac. I don't have Airprint. Plus, I need to print from Word. Anyone have a solution?

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 9:40 AM

>I don't have Airprint.

An AirPrint-enabled printer is compatible with macOS, and can be used without having to install additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi-router). AirPrint works with wired (Ethernet) or wireless (Wi-Fi) network connections. Please have a look at the following AirPrint article. Is your exact printer model listed there?

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2022 9:40 AM in response to catherinefrombuda

>I don't have Airprint.

An AirPrint-enabled printer is compatible with macOS, and can be used without having to install additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi-router). AirPrint works with wired (Ethernet) or wireless (Wi-Fi) network connections. Please have a look at the following AirPrint article. Is your exact printer model listed there?

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Jul 14, 2022 9:35 AM in response to catherinefrombuda

AirPrint has been incorporated in macOS for about fifteen years. Nearly all printers manufactured since then are AirPrint-enabled, but confirm yours is by finding it in this list: About AirPrint - Apple Support.

Add the printer as an AirPrint-enabled device according to Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac - Apple Support.

Throw the installation disc away—you don't need it.

Brother printer drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.