Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete multiple screens in Split View?

The bottom of my Safari screen shows many small Mail screens with the notation Split View. How can I delete?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 2:15 PM

That's not spit view nor Safari. That's just the Mail app windows you have opened. You can swipe each of them up and off the shelf at the bottom to close them.

Link-> Use multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

Use the shelf on your iPad

When you switch to an app that has multiple windows open, the bottom of your iPad screen shows a shelf containing thumbnails of all the app's windows.

Tap one of the thumbnails to open the window. You can also swipe up on a thumbnail in the shelf to close that window. In some apps, you can also open a new window by tapping New Window  in the shelf.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2022 2:15 PM in response to JustJoan R.

That's not spit view nor Safari. That's just the Mail app windows you have opened. You can swipe each of them up and off the shelf at the bottom to close them.

Link-> Use multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

Use the shelf on your iPad

When you switch to an app that has multiple windows open, the bottom of your iPad screen shows a shelf containing thumbnails of all the app's windows.

Tap one of the thumbnails to open the window. You can also swipe up on a thumbnail in the shelf to close that window. In some apps, you can also open a new window by tapping New Window  in the shelf.

How can I delete multiple screens in Split View?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.