Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move ring

I forgot to set my exercise before a workout. Why didn’t my move ring progress like it normally does when I set an exercise?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 4:25 AM

5 replies

Jul 15, 2022 1:58 PM in response to Question7152

Do you mean starting a workout?;

1. Open the Workout app. 
  2. Find the workout that best matches what you're doing. Learn more about each workout type
  3. To set a goal, tap the More button  next to the workout that you want to do. To skip setting a goal, tap the workout.

Wait for the three-second countdown. To skip the countdown, tap the screen.

Jul 15, 2022 4:50 PM in response to Community User

I’ll try again. When I workout at the gym, I start a workout on my watch - traditional strength training. At the end of my one-hour workout, my green ring is closed and my red ring is almost closed. I recently forgot to start the workout on my watch, so my green ring/exercise wasn’t recorded. However, I did the same amount of work but my red ring was only half closed. If I did the same amount of activity, why didn’t the red ring progress the same as it does when I remember to “start workout” on my watch?

Jul 15, 2022 5:13 PM in response to Question7152

Because the different workout types have different algorithms depending on how strenuous the workout type is and because you didn't start a workout the default exercise algorithm was used instead.

Move ring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.