Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having difficulty clearing the trash folder

This item was cleaned partially.

Errors:

/Users/npequignot/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/.Trash/Install macOS Mojave.app: “Install macOS Mojave” couldn’t be removed because you don’t have permission to access it.

The file was initially done back in Jan when I was updating the FS. It is currently indicated as being in use and I can delete it. I have opened a terminal window, tried chmod, etc. No luck. Also it is in the cloud and greater than 6GB in size. So I really do want to delete the file.

Thanks,

Nick

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 10:15 AM

Oftentimes you can delete these difficult files by restarting the computer in the Safe Mode. Press the Shift key on restart. Be patient as the startup can take up to 10 minutes while the operating system is fixing itself and clearing caches. When it is done, then try emptying the Trash. Then you can restart normally. I hope that works for you.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2022 10:15 AM in response to pequigna

Oftentimes you can delete these difficult files by restarting the computer in the Safe Mode. Press the Shift key on restart. Be patient as the startup can take up to 10 minutes while the operating system is fixing itself and clearing caches. When it is done, then try emptying the Trash. Then you can restart normally. I hope that works for you.

I am having difficulty clearing the trash folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.