Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find text messages I have sent?

How can I find a text I have sent?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 5:43 PM

Unless you have deleted it, you should find it in the Messages app. If you did delete it, the only way to recover it is if you have a backup of the device when the message was there and you have not created a backup of the device since you deleted it.

7 replies

Jul 16, 2022 7:05 AM in response to Ryan-T

A backup will only help......IF.....the backup occurred while the messages were still on the iPhone......AND.....there have been no more backups since the time that the backup was made when the messages were still on the iPhone.

If the messages were deleted and another backup has run, then then the next backup would pick up the deletion of the messages, so they would no longer appear in the backup.

The bottom line......probably 99% of the time, it is too late to try to retrieve the messages from a backup, because the user starts looking for the message a few days after it was deleted. By then, the messages are gone from the backup.

How can I find text messages I have sent?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.