Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to create a new Apple ID

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 7:45 AM

If you create/use a new Apple ID, you will lose access to some of your data and the purchases made with your existing Apple ID. 

Create a new ID (if necessary)on another Apple device/computer and sign into iCloud using the same Apple ID on another Apple device/computer. You should then be able to sign in.

If you see a Could Not Create Apple ID or Could Not Set Up iCloud message.  *

The maximum number of free accounts have been activated    -

Apple ID - create a new.      *

Apple ID – Create       -

Or contact Apple ID Support.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  * (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support     -   Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call.  -

Apple on Twitter

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2022 7:45 AM in response to lazaro249

If you create/use a new Apple ID, you will lose access to some of your data and the purchases made with your existing Apple ID. 

Create a new ID (if necessary)on another Apple device/computer and sign into iCloud using the same Apple ID on another Apple device/computer. You should then be able to sign in.

If you see a Could Not Create Apple ID or Could Not Set Up iCloud message.  *

The maximum number of free accounts have been activated    -

Apple ID - create a new.      *

Apple ID – Create       -

Or contact Apple ID Support.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  * (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support     -   Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call.  -

Apple on Twitter

Jul 30, 2022 6:14 PM in response to lazaro249

lazaro249 wrote:

Thanks I already created a new Apple ID the problem now is the update apple id setting appear in my iPhone 5s because I changed my password and I can't re-enter it to my previous iPhone 6 that have been sell to other and I have no contact at all to the new owner

So at the core of this question, you have an iPhone with Activation Lock set, and you don’t have access to the Apple ID.

Regain that access, or provide documentation of original purchase ro Apple, or recycle it.

Creating a new Apple ID will not clear Activation Lock.

Again, nothing you can do will clear this other than regaining access to that Apple ID, or providing documentation sufficient to convince Apple of your ownership.

Activation Lock is intended as a theft-deterrent mechanism. A theft deterrent that is easy to bypass would not be much of a deterrent.

For recovering access to your own Apple ID, assuming your now-forgotten Apple ID was the holder of the Activation Lock:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.