Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage on Mac

If I delete an email in iMessage setup on my phone will it stop sending iMessages from my phone number to my Mac right away? Or do I have to delete the phone number on the Mac as well?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 8:09 AM

Do you wish to continue using iMessage on the Mac, or do you not wish to use it at all? If you turn off Text Message forwarding on the iPhone it will stop SMS on the Mac, but not iMessage. You would need to remove your phone number from iMessage on the Mac if you wish to not use iMessage on the Mac or at least your phone number. They would need to use your Apple ID to contact you on the Mac. You also have the option to turn iMessage off completely on the Mac. Also make sure you do not have iCloud Messages turned on.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2022 8:09 AM in response to Robinsch16

Do you wish to continue using iMessage on the Mac, or do you not wish to use it at all? If you turn off Text Message forwarding on the iPhone it will stop SMS on the Mac, but not iMessage. You would need to remove your phone number from iMessage on the Mac if you wish to not use iMessage on the Mac or at least your phone number. They would need to use your Apple ID to contact you on the Mac. You also have the option to turn iMessage off completely on the Mac. Also make sure you do not have iCloud Messages turned on.

iMessage on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.