Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone replacement

Hello, I purchased an iPhone 13 pro about 6 months ago and since the very beginning of my journey with this phone anything related to the gb, or to calling has been lagging all the time, it shuts off and on all the time whether im in a call or not, and when I am in a call it disconnects me from the call and is temporarily shut down, I don’t know what the issue is exactly but I have received my phone with this issue, I have not damaged it or done anything potentially damaging to the phone, I have been delaying checking the phone at my nearest apple store because of how busy I was the past few months and I finally have time to do so, so my question here is, will the store provide me with a free replacement since this isn’t my fault and I paid for a fully functional phone ? And if so will they be able to transfer everything I have on this phone to the new one ? Or will they just offer to fix it with a price included?

thank you.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 7:48 AM

Only Apple can answer that question, and they do not participate here. Once Apple examines the device, they will explain your options. If it is determined there was no user damage to the device and it is a manufacturing issue that is covered by warranty, it should be replaced. Make sure before you go in for your appointment that you create a current backup of the phone. If you do not use iCloud, make sure you do an encrypted backup with iTunes and write the backup password you create, because that cannot be recovered and you will not be able to use the backup if you forget the password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2022 7:48 AM in response to Sultank_

Only Apple can answer that question, and they do not participate here. Once Apple examines the device, they will explain your options. If it is determined there was no user damage to the device and it is a manufacturing issue that is covered by warranty, it should be replaced. Make sure before you go in for your appointment that you create a current backup of the phone. If you do not use iCloud, make sure you do an encrypted backup with iTunes and write the backup password you create, because that cannot be recovered and you will not be able to use the backup if you forget the password.

iPhone replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.