Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Would the aluminum Apple Watch possibly cause issues with a nickel allergy?

Hi, I am v sensitive to nickel and have had to avoid fitness watches before due to causing me a rash. Can anyone tell me if the Apple 7 watch (maybe in aluminium) would cause issues with a nickel allergy? Obviously they are too expensive for me to not be able to wear!

Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 3:32 PM

Nickel. Apple Watch models with a stainless steel or an aluminum case, the stainless steel band release buttons of Apple Watch Series 4 and later and Apple Watch SE, the stainless steel portions of some Apple Watch bands, the metallic portions of the Hermès bands, and the magnets in the watch and bands, each contain some nickel. However, they all fall below the strict nickel restrictions set by European REACH regulation. Therefore, while nickel exposure is unlikely to be a problem, you should be aware of the possibility in case you're susceptible to nickel-related reactions.

See this link for further reference

Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support (CA)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2022 3:32 PM in response to labessade

Nickel. Apple Watch models with a stainless steel or an aluminum case, the stainless steel band release buttons of Apple Watch Series 4 and later and Apple Watch SE, the stainless steel portions of some Apple Watch bands, the metallic portions of the Hermès bands, and the magnets in the watch and bands, each contain some nickel. However, they all fall below the strict nickel restrictions set by European REACH regulation. Therefore, while nickel exposure is unlikely to be a problem, you should be aware of the possibility in case you're susceptible to nickel-related reactions.

See this link for further reference

Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support (CA)

Would the aluminum Apple Watch possibly cause issues with a nickel allergy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.