Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 heating up

I am concerned that something is going on with the phone, I have had several people who have had i phones hold my phone and they are shocked by how hot it is. My finger tips are tingling and feel electrified. Please help

My phone seems so hot . My fingers are tingly and feeling of electric. Other iPhone users are surprised to see how hot it is

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 10:26 PM

If you feel there is an issue with your device, have it examined at your local Apple Store:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

There are a variety of reasons why your phone could be hot, the most common of which is you have an app running in the background that is using a lot of processor power, cellular data or both.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2022 10:26 PM in response to Pleasehelpne2021

If you feel there is an issue with your device, have it examined at your local Apple Store:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

There are a variety of reasons why your phone could be hot, the most common of which is you have an app running in the background that is using a lot of processor power, cellular data or both.

iPhone 12 heating up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.