Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I backup contacts from all my email accounts to iCloud

How do I backup contacts from all my email accounts to iCloud. Only seeing 52 of 1500 contacts in iCloud.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 2:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 4:31 AM

You can't use an iPhone to do that.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Try to export the contacts from google mail on a web browser. During Export select export as vCard and then

log in to https://www.icloud.com using your Apple ID credentials Tap Contacts app > Settings > Import vCard.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2022 4:31 AM in response to Stevo_Perth

You can't use an iPhone to do that.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Try to export the contacts from google mail on a web browser. During Export select export as vCard and then

log in to https://www.icloud.com using your Apple ID credentials Tap Contacts app > Settings > Import vCard.

Jul 17, 2022 4:40 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you. Very helpful.

I had a business email account held on a Microsoft Exchange server for many years as well as personal POP email accounts. When I left the business, I lost access to the email account but still have all my Contacts on my iPhone. I keep getting requests from the iPhone to log-in the the business email account but don't want to delete it, for fear of losing the contacts. I just discovered that despite being set to backup to iCloud under Settings, they are not in iCloud.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get them out? There are hundreds.

I also don't think I quite understand email accounts - the POP ones don't show the same backup options, (such as Contacts,) as the old Exchange one does. Something about the syncing.

How do I backup contacts from all my email accounts to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.