Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to clean your iPhone charging port?

Charging cables are not working. I push the cord in hard and it charges a bit. How to clean inside?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 6:04 AM

It is not uncommon to have debris such as pocket lint blocking the charger port. That being said, the charging port is pretty delicate, damaging any of the pins here may result in no charging at all. I generally recommend going to an apple store and asking them to clean it.

Check out this article to for some additional information: If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

I am not certain which model of phone you're using, but it may support wireless charging (iPhone 8 or later) : How to wirelessly charge your iPhone - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2022 6:04 AM in response to normally

It is not uncommon to have debris such as pocket lint blocking the charger port. That being said, the charging port is pretty delicate, damaging any of the pins here may result in no charging at all. I generally recommend going to an apple store and asking them to clean it.

Check out this article to for some additional information: If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

I am not certain which model of phone you're using, but it may support wireless charging (iPhone 8 or later) : How to wirelessly charge your iPhone - Apple Support

Jul 17, 2022 6:06 AM in response to normally

If the charging port is damaged, your device probably needs service. Let your device charge for a half hour. If your device is still unresponsive, force restart your device: iPhone 8 or later and iPhone SE (2nd generation): Press and quickly release the volume up button.

If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support (IN)

How to clean your iPhone charging port?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.