Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete my entire photo library from my IPhone

After transfer of the iPhone library to the Mac how do I delete the iPhone entire library of photos from the iPhone.

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 7:24 AM

dyerikeme wrote:

After transfer of the iPhone library to the Mac how do I delete the iPhone entire library of photos from the iPhone.

That would be up to you...

Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

6 replies

Jul 17, 2022 7:30 AM in response to dyerikeme

If you're sure these photos are saved and aren't connected to any device (that is, you didn't just back them up to iCloud, you actually moved the files to your computer), then you can safely delete them.

As far as I know, there's no way to "delete all" photos on your iPhone, but you can do it a little easier with this trick. Open your whole Photo Library, scroll to the top, then click "Select". From there, smoothly drag your finger to the side, then down the list of photos. It should quickly select everything above your finger while automatically scrolling downwards.

Hope this helps!

How do I delete my entire photo library from my IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.