Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook not charging and the charger is working

MacBook not charging and the charger is working. I don’t know what to do anymore I have tried all the helps online still nothing is working.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 10:16 PM

itunu96 Said:

"MacBook not charging and the charger is working. I don’t know what to do anymore I have tried all the helps online still nothing is working."

-------

Troubleshooting MacBook Pro Charge:

As for replacing that battery, that may not be necessary. So, try troubleshooting it.

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2022 10:16 PM in response to itunu96

itunu96 Said:

"MacBook not charging and the charger is working. I don’t know what to do anymore I have tried all the helps online still nothing is working."

-------

Troubleshooting MacBook Pro Charge:

As for replacing that battery, that may not be necessary. So, try troubleshooting it.

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Jul 17, 2022 7:07 AM in response to itunu96

Hi,

Following document could help your issue.

If your Mac battery status is “Not Charging” - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, contact Apple Support or take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

MacBook not charging and the charger is working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.