Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating homesharing photos screensaver on AppleTV

This seems to be a noted problem on the Apple community, with posts going back years without a solution.

I have been able to set up the screensaver on my AppleTVs (4K, latest OS) to use my recent photos from homesharing or from Photos. But once set up, it never updates the photos. Is there a way to have it frequently updated to my most recent photos (or even better, a random selection of all my photos)?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 10:47 AM

You would have to go through the steps to set a screensaver each time you want a new batch displayed, this can be done through the Photos app if you are using Photos from your iCloud library.

Create a photo screen saver on Apple TV - Apple Support (CA)

If it done through Home Sharing then you need to go into settings to select that type and the associated computer would need to be running while it goes through the caching process.

If you want to view a larger set of photos you choose to start a slideshow instead.

Create a slideshow on Apple TV - Apple Support (CA)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2022 10:47 AM in response to Stevecaplan1

You would have to go through the steps to set a screensaver each time you want a new batch displayed, this can be done through the Photos app if you are using Photos from your iCloud library.

Create a photo screen saver on Apple TV - Apple Support (CA)

If it done through Home Sharing then you need to go into settings to select that type and the associated computer would need to be running while it goes through the caching process.

If you want to view a larger set of photos you choose to start a slideshow instead.

Create a slideshow on Apple TV - Apple Support (CA)

Updating homesharing photos screensaver on AppleTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.