Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i use off brand usb c chargers with my iPhone 13?

I travel for work and recently purchased an iPhone 13. I have a multi-usb port charging station I use when I travel, but it doesn't have a USB-C space. Can I safely use a USB to USB-C converter so I don't have to buy a whole new charging station?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 9:07 AM

If you do buy a third-party cable, it's best if it includes one of these stickers below on their packaging. This ensures that they are safe to use. Many third-party manufacturers produce MFi approved products.

If you use an uncertified accessory, Apple warns about the following issues-

• Your iOS device could become damaged
  • The cable might be easily damaged
  • The connector end might fall off, get very hot, or might not fit properly into your device
  • You might not be able to sync or charge your device

About uncertified connector accessories – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2022 9:07 AM in response to JennyKo77

If you do buy a third-party cable, it's best if it includes one of these stickers below on their packaging. This ensures that they are safe to use. Many third-party manufacturers produce MFi approved products.

If you use an uncertified accessory, Apple warns about the following issues-

• Your iOS device could become damaged
  • The cable might be easily damaged
  • The connector end might fall off, get very hot, or might not fit properly into your device
  • You might not be able to sync or charge your device

About uncertified connector accessories – Apple Support

Can i use off brand usb c chargers with my iPhone 13?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.