Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sign up on Apple Music in India?

I want to try Apple Music app on my Android phone. In the app, when trying to sign up the app says that "you need to update your payment method first". It's only giving option of one payment method - credit/debit card. I tried my Visa debit card and Master credit card, but for both of them it's saying "The credit card you entered can't be used with your Apple ID". My Visa card has been working fine with my Spotify subscription.

Rack Mount Servers

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 3:05 PM

In India Apple supports the following payment methods only:

India

From: Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

No Credit or Debit cards are supported.

6 replies

Jul 19, 2022 8:19 AM in response to Phil0124

TLDR - Currently we need to deposit at least ₹100 in our Apple's wallet before we can try Apple Music, according to Apple Support.

I contacted Apple Support. First the person on chat wasted my time (case number 101753668818), then arranged a call back from senior advisor. Then the person on call redirected me to another person. Now this person, she was aware of the issue, she asked me if i use Paytm or Phonepe app in order to buy some voucher for Apple of minimum ₹100. But i told her i want to try the service first b4 commiting, like the way Spotify and YouTube Music give 1 month free trial, or i can pay for a day instead of for a month in order to check out Apple Music, and if i like the service then i can subscribe for an year, but she said upfront ₹100 is compulsory. When i subscribed to Spotify then it automatically created a "standing instruction" on my card, i don't know y Apple doesn't do the same to workaround India's new rules about auto debit.

How to sign up on Apple Music in India?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.