Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bizarre sensory experience

Little background story. Bough my first ever MacBook in September of 2021. Was using it just fine, despite some issues like YouTube videos suddenly turning black and playback apps like QuickTime doing the same. Less than a month (2 weeks in I'd say) it just turned off completely no warnings like a battery running out or nothing and I was not able to turn it back on again. Went to an Apple authorised reseller and it turns out they had to change the whole motherboard or something. It worked fine after that. Not even a month has passed and another issue occurred - a red line across the screen appeared out of nowhere. Went to fix it again, they replaced the whole screen and other graphics cards or something. Just to be absolutely clear there was no physical damage that happened at all, the device was brand new not even a scratch on it.

What's happening now. I have happened to notice it makes an electrical buzzing sound if I slide my wrist on the MacBook side (wish I could explain it better). There is no such sound if it is not charging.

I have recorded this incident and have video proof of it, and could upload it if it would help anything. So my questions are - should I be concerned about being electrocuted when using it while it's plugged in? Is it possible to get a device replacement if it was bought in September 2021 due to the fact that it had to be fixed twice now? I live in Lithuania and it's practically impossible to get clear answers if I try to contact support.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 12:13 PM

As this is a user to user only forum and no one from Apple is here, we can't speak for Apple. You'll need to yet again, schedule an appointment at your Apple Authorized Service provider and let them see the behavior you've described.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 17, 2022 5:15 PM in response to naglisk

Sounds like it may be a grounding issue with your home's electrical wiring. You can try using an AC Cord (aka Power Extension Cable) instead which is grounded as it uses a third plug (at least for most regions). Here is the one for the US, but each region should have their own version:

Power Adapter Extension Cable - Apple

If this helps, then you should have an electrician check out the wiring in your home.

Bizarre sensory experience

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.