Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Storage

I’m currently paying for iCloud+ 50 GB of storage. I take all photos with my iPhone 11 and airdrop certain ones to my iPad. I understand that if you go over your cloud storage, your photos are deleted from the cloud starting with oldest first. Is there a way to keep very old favorite pics in my phone to refer to later, or will I never be able to pull them up again? I just don’t quite understand the cloud and photos. Help?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 6:36 AM

Use photos stream My Photo Stream - Apple Support

About iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream - Apple Support

My Photo Stream

• Doesn't count against your iCloud storage.
  • Uploads your last 30 days and up to 1000 photos.
  • Downloads to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in a smaller resolution. On your Mac or PC, your photos download in full-resolution.
  • Edits you make won't update across your devices.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2022 6:36 AM in response to jol909

Use photos stream My Photo Stream - Apple Support

About iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream - Apple Support

My Photo Stream

• Doesn't count against your iCloud storage.
  • Uploads your last 30 days and up to 1000 photos.
  • Downloads to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in a smaller resolution. On your Mac or PC, your photos download in full-resolution.
  • Edits you make won't update across your devices.

Jul 18, 2022 7:49 AM in response to jol909

If iPhone / iPad / Mac are signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network and you transfer photos from iPhone to Mac Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support the old photos by date / year can only be searched in iPhone Search for photos on iPhone - Apple Support the photos in Mac will show all photos but date / year of photos will not be transferred , so searching that old first photo or early fav photos is not possible in Mac , however you can archive the photos to get it saved in Mac Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

iCloud Photo Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.